Thermablok® Aerogel Thermal Insulating Strips for Commercial Applications

Thermablok aerogel insulating strips may be installed to the stud either on the exterior or interior side of the wall framing.Insulate the full length of framing members. Apply to all wall, floor or ceiling framing edges: headers, footers, trusses, window and door frames, floor joist and roof rafters. See Installation instructions page.

Why is Aerogel The Most Effective Thermal Insulator Known?

The solid component in silica aerogel consists of tiny, three-dimensional, intertwined clusters.  They comprise only 3% of the volume and are very poor conductors.  Air in microscopic pores make up the remaining 97% of aerogel’s volume.  This air has very little room to move, inhibiting both convection and gas-phase conduction.  These characteristics make aerogel the world’s lowest density solid and most effective thermal insulator.

The patented, U.S. made Aerogel in Thermablok is unique, as it has virtually no compression compared to other Aerogel and of course if the air is squeezed out any insulation it no longer insulates.

New Construction / Remodeling / Expansions

Standard Applications for Thermablok® Aerogel Insulation

Thermablok aerogel insulating strips can enhance or replace continuous insulation, yielding equivalent results while providing the certainty of using environmentally friendly materials. the Thermablok strips can be attached to the framing members on the inside face, the outside face or both.

See Insulation Instructions in the top banner links on this page.

Thermablok Sheets provide an R-Value of 10.3 per inch of insulation. Thermablok strips are compatible with Acoustiblok sound barrier material.

Thermablok® Strips and Sheets can be used with:

  • Fiberglass batt
  • Fiberglass sheet
  • Radiant barrier insulation
  • Foam insulation
  • Organic batt insulation such as cellulose insulation

Benefits of Thermablok® Aerogel Insulation

  • Extremely high resistance to compression
  • Properly adding Thermablok to a wall can increase its R-value by over 32%
  • Significant savings in energy costs
  • 100% recyclable
  • Contains no ozone-depleting substances
  • Cradle to Cradle Silver Certification
  • Uses 30-percent recycled content
  • Composite material consisting of more than 95-percent air
  • Naturally hydrophobic, unaffected by moisture, mold or water
  • easily applied via stick-on backing
  • Class “A” fire rated
  • Economical
  • Virtually no weight means low shipping cost (and low emission)
  • Adds acoustical integrity
  • Unaffected by age as it does not react with moisture in the atmosphere
  • Made in USA and covered by U.S. patents

Contact Thermablok Technical Support regarding your specific application requirements