Thermablok® Case Studies
Thermablok® Aerogel Improves Thermal Comfort of House Floor
Flexible aerogel blanket installed in half hour versus full day for polystyrene
- Insulate a new floor being installed in a residential house. The existing floor had been laid down directly on the ground without any insulation.
- The new floor needed to improve the thermal comfort in the house and reduce heating costs.
- There was not much space to insulate.
- The An aerogel solution of 9mm Thermablok was chosen for its outstanding insulation value in a thin profile.
- The use of conventional insulation materials would have required altering or changing all doors and frames.
- Thermablok was installed on the entire floor in 30 minutes; polystyrene foam requires a full day.
- The time savings reduced labor costs and allowed the project to remain on schedule.
- The owner did not have to change any doors and frames, saving substantial time and money.
- Thermablok is easy to unwind on the floor, flexible but robust and easily cut like a carpet.
- The thin Thermablok saved over 3cm of height in the room. It took just 30 minutes to install Thermablok throughout tis entire room. Polystyrene foam takes a full day to install.